EMBARGOED UNTIL FRIDAY MAY 12, 2023, 11 AM (CET) — Earlier this week Canyon announced the release of its race developed, speed loving Strive:ON CFR EMTB. A 170mmF/160mmR full suspension EMTB built from the ground up to compete at the highest level of E-Enduro. With this new model, Canyon have their sights set on podiums during this year’s season, but of course, a bike cannot reach the podium without riders to race it. So, following the launch of the Strive:ON CFR, Canyon are stoked to introduce a new division of its MTB race program- the Canyon CLLCTV Dainese E-Enduro Team.
The flagship model of the Strive: ON CFR range is dedicated to MTB legend Fabien Barel. The signature artwork and performance focused specification celebrates the decade of speed both Canyon and Fabien have had since they started working together in 2013. Therefore, it is only right that Barel will have a significant role to play in the team. Fabien will not only be continuing as mentor and performance manager for the Canyon CLLCTV gravity programs, 2023 will also see him get back between the tape at selected UCI E-Enduro World Cup races aboard his signature Strive:ON CFR LTD model.
Joining Fabien is another fast Frenchman from the Cote D’Azur- experienced Enduro racer turned EMTB specialist- Alex Cure. With several seasons of EWS racing under his belt, Alex Cure will be a name familiar to some hardcore enduro fans, but a new name to many. The past couple of years have seen Alex compete in an increasing number of EMTB races, and during this time he has chalked up some serious results. With the new team and bike, there’s no doubt Alex is a serious contender in the 2023 E-Enduro field.
‘’It’s been great to be involved in the E-Enduro project with Canyon. The sport is developing super-fast, and we really see a lot of potential in the team for the upcoming season with a race ready setup, and a rider like Alex. For sure there are many more developments and evolutions to come, but it’s amazing to become a part of this new area of MTB racing’’ Fabien Barel.
- The Strive:ON CFR is powered by the Bosch Performance Line CX and CX race motor systems, and for 2023 Bosch will aboard as team sponsor, bringing with them class leading product and extensive expertise on motor optimization and tech support. It goes without saying the Performance Line CX Race motor will be the go-to choice throughout the season.
- Suspension is handled by the experts at Rockshox, and SRAM will provide brakes and transmission.
- Keeping the riders on track will be Pirelli’s latest Scorpion range of tires, and race apparel and protection will be supplied by the innovators at Dainese.
- Rounding off this dream list of sponsors are Ergon, Crankbrothers and Dynamic Bike Care, - all helping to ensure the riders have everything they need to get up to speed.
The season kicks off in just 3 short weeks in the iconic setting of Finale Ligure, Italy. You can expect both Fabien and Alex to be on the start line for the first round of the UCI E-Enduro World Cup Series. The Canyon CLLCTV Dainese E-Enduro Team won’t be the only riders between the tape at this year’s races - Canyon Ambassador Ines Thoma will also be racing her Strive:ON CFR, but as part of her own Canyon and Bosch supported program to balance competing and family life.
1. For further image content, see the full image gallery here.